Sunday, September 30, 2007

Catching up







It's been a busy two weeks - Hannah had her first party (a High School Musical II extravaganza)- the girls managed to catch a frog from our pond later that night (see below left). It was fun but I can't get the music out of my head. The top-most picture is Lily's first day of pre-school. We were invited to our neighbors Michael and Anna over for a formal Sunday lunch with a bunch of their family and grandkids. When I saw the formal table with individualized name place holders in different metallic animal shapes, linens, etc, and my kids, I was quite concerned about the mayhem that would ensure. Lily sat still for 40 seconds once last year when she had a 102 fever. It must have been the Yorkshire pudding (which thankfully has no internal animal parts) or the gracious company, but the girls were perfect. Other items to report - turns out that bubble bath and jacuzzi's don't mix (see Lily above). We also bought a car (a Vauxhall Vectra) - if you can't own an aston martin, I recommend this ;-). On the way back from Craigmillar castle (see top), Claire inaugurated the car with a mid-afternoon hurl. It made driving on the left-side even more hair-raising. Turns out that the problem actually isn't the side you are driving on, nor the much-dreaded roundabouts, but on the narrowness of the lanes. In a 2-lane road, I can practically smell the Bellhaven bitter on the breath of the driver whisking pass me.

No comments: